21 novembre 2009

Where would a libertarian fall with respect to laws outlawing smoking in bars?


Description

This article is from the Libertarian FAQ, by Joe Dehn jwd3@dehnbase.fidonet.org, Robert Bickford rab.AT.daft.com, Mike Huben mhuben@world.std.com and Advocates for Self-Government http://www.self-gov.org/ with numerous contributions by others.

68 Where would a libertarian fall with respect to laws outlawing smoking in bars?

"In a libertarian society, the smoking policy would be set by the bar
or restaurant owner. Customers would patronize the establishments
that had the policy they preferred, much as they do today. For
example, I avoid places that are smoke-filled, and opt for restaurants
that are smoke-free or have separate accommodations for smokers and
non-smokers. As a customer, I have no right to dictate smoking policy
any more than I have a right to dictate the color schemes for clothing
manufacturers. However, I let both know my preferences by voting with
my dollars to do business with them or their competitors." [5] -- Mary
Ruwart

[5] "The Liberator OnLine," http://www.self-gov.org/liberator.

Aucun commentaire: